Affirmations are not something magical; they work as they make you more receptive to change and can smash negative thoughts by helping you believe more in yourself and your power.
With the idea that growth happens through challenge and moving forward, we have searched for affirmations to inspire and motivate you in the week to come.
What are Positive Affirmations?
According to NIH, they are a source of positivity, “When threatened, self-affirmations can restore self-competence by allowing individuals to reflect on sources of self-worth, such as core values.”
Any threats from the outside are matched against our inner strength when affirmations are used, keeping us on positive footing in the face of challenges.
Here are some pronouncements of positivity:
They offer encouragement to ourselves as we go about our business and look for the best that every day brings.
- I am confident in my ability to [fill in your own blank].
- I am grateful to have people in my life who [fill in the blank].
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
Here are some more words of wisdom to tell yourself; they come from a variety of sources:
- I will achieve great things through small steps.
- I will not compare myself to strangers on the Internet. (@emilymcdowell_)
- I feed my spirit. I train my body. I focus my mind. It’s my time. (@intensati)
- I am adventurous. I overcome fears by following my dreams. (@malacollective)
In this age of social media, #5 is especially powerful; it is tempting to compare yourself to everyone else, since the pictures you are seeing on social media are edited. Enjoy the picture of your own life, by making smart choices that are positive and fulfilling.
We know that listening to abundant negative news presents a challenge that can be met with positive acts, done with the help of self-affirmations. We have the choice of how we react and act. Positive affirmations are like preparing the soil for a garden to come; you cannot see the results yet, but you are making sure that the soil is the most nurturing for the seeds to grow.